It's amazing how much a sauce can affect a dish. Looking through different recipes, I came across this one- Chipotle Adobo Sauce. Having never used the chili peppers, I was a little hesitant at first. However, realizing it only took a few ingredients, and understanding if it was nasty, we could resort back to our stand by of sour-cream and salsa, I decided to move forward. Very glad I did. It made just our standard burrito reach another dimension. We will definitely be exploring new homemade condiments on future dishes.
1/2 c coconut yogurt
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, deseeded
1/2 tsp. adobo sauce
1 1/2 - 2 cloves garlic
1 T. fresh lime
1/8 tsp. cumin
Start by gathering all your ingredients for the sauce.
1. Start by cutting the adobo chili in half and and carefully scraping the seeds out.
2. Next, in a 1 serving blender (or whatever you have on hand) add the greek coconut yogurt.
3.Throw in your coarsely chopped garlic.
4. Next, squeeze fresh lime juice.
5. Add to mixture.
6. Lastly, add your cumin.
7. Blend until creamy.
8. Looks yummy.
9. Prepare rice per box instructions.
10. Rinse black beans.
11. Chop up any veggies you would like to use. We did pepper, tomato, avocado, lettuce, chives, cilantrol, and corn. We also spread hummus on the burrito shell which was great.
Pile how you would like and enjoy!