Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Delicious Homemade Banana Bread



As I have mentioned in past posts, I love to bake.  One treat that I especially love is banana bread.  For some reason, even with all my baking "skills", banana bread has hated me in the past.  It's either not done in the middle, gets too dark on the outside, doesn't have enough banana flavor, etc.  My mother in law introduced me to this recipe a few years ago.  I think it is wonderful.  It always goes over well and so far, knock on wood, I have had success when using this recipe.  :)  Hope you and your family can enjoy it. 

3 1/2 c.  flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp.  salt
1 tsp.  baking soda
2 c.  mashed bananas
2 T. lemon juice
3/4 c.  soft butter
1 1/2 c.  sugar
3 eggs
3/4 c.  milk
1/2 c.  pecans optional

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Set out 3 eggs.  Measure  milk and set aside. Grease 2- 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 loaf pans.

Step 2: Mash 4-6 bananas (totaling 2 cups mashed).  Add lemon juice.  Set aside.

Step 3.  In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together. 

Step 4: In a large bowl, mix soft butter and sugar until well combined.  Add room temperature eggs and mix until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. 

Step 5: Add flour mixture, alternating with the milk.  Use blender after each addition, mixing just until blended. 

Step 6: Fold in bananas.

Step 7:  Fold in pecans (optional)

Step 8:  Pour in the 2 greased pans and bake for approximately an hour or until knife comes out clean.  

Step 9:  Remove from pan as soon as you can handle your bread.  Place on cooling rack.  

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!