Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
You know that feeling of excitement you get when
you find a recipe you love to make? Well, I got that 'giddy'
feeling with this one! : ) It is SO easy, and it tastes like
you spent a lot of time preparing it! My family loves it, and
they are always appreciative when I make it.
You will need:
1 pound ground beef, browned
1 medium onion
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
2 jars pasta sauce
1 container (15 oz.) ricotta or cottage cheese
(I used cottage cheese this time.)
2 cups mozzarella cheese - divided
1 cup parmesan (grated preferred)
1 box (16 oz.) ziti noodles
1) Brown hamburger. Add onion & seasonings. Stir
in pasta sauce. Set aside.
2) Mix 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta & parmesan together. Set aside.
3) Spoon 2 cups meat mixture into a slow cooker; top with 2 cups ziti noodles. Drop 1/2 of the cheese mixture over ziti - spreading.
Continue layering with sauce, ziti, and cheese.
4) Make sure the last layer has some mozzarella on top.
Sprinkle with some Italian seasoning.
5) Place lid on slow cooker.
6) Cook on low 6-7 hours or 4-5 hours on high until noodles are tender.
7) Carefully remove lid - You can sprinkle mozzarella. Let stand until melted.
8) Serve directly from the slow cooker.
Now, how easy was that? ☺
We enjoy this simple, but yummy meal!
Hope you do too!