"Um...how about No!"
" Honey, honestly, they don't have an offensive smell!"
" Pet stores smell like hamster cages. Ick!"
"I promise I will keep their cage clean."
That about sums up my concern when my child at heart husband announced he wanted to get a couple of iguanas. Expressing my concern was necessary as I really dislike the smell of pet stores. After our discussion :), we agreed we'd give it a try. Although they don't make the house smell like the hamster cages I associate with walking in one of those stores, I still find I am not particularly fond of it of what it does smell like. He was right, it's not a bad smell. However, I definitely wouldn't say it smells like a bed of roses either. ;)
With that said, I wanted some "smelly ideas" to keep my living room (yes, they live in my living room) smelling nice. I absolutely love my wax pots, but I don't like cleaning out the wax when the smell is gone. It's just messy and annoying.
NOT ANYMORE! I found the following idea and it's fantastic!
Now, we're both happy. He gets his crazy pet and it smells better!
All you need is:
A wax pot
Aluminum foil (optional)
(Sorry for the horrible pictures ;)
1. Keep your lamp plugged in so the wax stays liquefied.
2. Throw a couple cotton balls in the wax.
3. Let sit for a minute to soak up the majority of the wax.
4. Use a few more cotton balls to wipe out the excess. I throw the cotton balls on a little piece of aluminum foil to be sure there won't be a waxy mess, but that's up to you.
5. Add your new wax cube. DONE! The room smells good again. ;)