Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Replacing Wax---the easy way!

"Um...how about No!"
"Please!"
"Ugh...they stink!"
" Honey, honestly, they don't have an offensive smell!"
" Pet stores smell like hamster cages.  Ick!"
"I promise I will keep their cage clean."
"Fine!"

That about sums up my concern when my child at heart husband announced he wanted to get a couple of iguanas.  Expressing my concern was necessary as I really dislike the smell of pet stores. After our discussion :), we agreed we'd give it a try. Although they don't make the house smell like the hamster cages I associate with walking in one of those stores, I still find I am not particularly fond of it of what it does smell like. He was right, it's not a bad smell.  However, I definitely wouldn't say it smells like a bed of roses either. ;) 

With that said, I wanted some "smelly ideas" to keep my living room (yes, they live in my living room) smelling nice. I absolutely love my wax pots, but I don't like cleaning out the wax when the smell is gone.  It's just messy and annoying.

NOT ANYMORE!  I found the following idea and it's fantastic!

Now, we're both happy.  He gets his crazy pet and it smells better!

All you need is:

A wax pot
"Expired" wax
Cotton balls
Aluminum foil (optional)

(Sorry for the horrible pictures ;)

                                                                                                                                                           

1.  Keep your lamp plugged in so the wax stays liquefied.

      

      2. Throw a couple cotton balls in the wax.
           
  

3.  Let sit for a minute to soak up the majority of the wax. 


4.  Use a few more cotton balls to wipe out the excess.  I throw the cotton balls on a little piece of aluminum foil to be sure there won't be a waxy mess, but that's up to you. 


5.  Add your new wax cube. DONE!  The room smells good again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!