Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2015

Oven Roasted Green Beans


Sometimes I just crave veggies! I need to go to the store to grab some fresh green beans, carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower right that minute. This is not one of those times. With the new year, I figured I would be all sorts of motivated.  The day came and went and I still want my ice cream and my peanut butter M&M's.

  Realizing that I hate constantly talking about trying to eat healthier, I told my husband, in 2015 I need to focus more on just eating in general.  That may sound funny but I have not been cooking much lately.  I may have mentioned in an earlier post, we have been living mostly on chips and hummus (oh so good though).  So anyway, in focusing on actually cooking, I hope the healthy meals will follow as I try to get in my new routine. 

I made my menu this week and I was happy to see that a healthy side was present!  I thought I would share it as it is so easy and very yummy. 

Things Needed
Green beans
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pan
Aluminum Foil
Bowl
Paper Towels 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


1. Line your pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up. 


2.  Rinse your green beans in cold water. 


3. Spread paper towels out on the counter and place green beans on them. 


4. Pat dry.


4. Return to bowl and drizzle with olive oil. 


5.  Place on pan, careful not to have the beans on top of each other. 


6.  Sprinkle with sea salt. 


7.  Bake at  425 degrees for 20 minutes or until done to your liking. 


8.  I served them with my Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (recipe to come!).

UPDATE:  The Spinach & Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Tenderloin has been posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!