Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

Paprika Chicken & Spinach with White Wine Butter Sauce

   

I felt like I totally stepped out of a movie while I was preparing this meal. Bare feet, sipping wine, apron, a little Sinatra in the background--you know...like the adorable scene in the old Parent Trap (minus the Sinatra ;).  I did not, however, prepare veal parmesan. Also, my man, although just as adorable as Brian Keith, was not present until the meal was completely ready. Nonetheless, I still felt like it was out of a movie.  I can sometimes romanticize the most basic things.  Today, it is preparing a simple meal, but it put a smile on my face while it was happening. 

So take off you shoes, sip some wine, and prepare a "sophisticated" meal for that family you love.  Or...for yourself.  Everyone wants to be an actor at sometime in their life.  Maybe 5:00 tonight is that time!

Now, I shall go watch a classic. 

Paprika Chicken & Spinach with
White Wine Butter Sauce

2 large chicken breasts
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 large handfuls of spinach
1/4 cup fresh thyme
1 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper
5 T. butter
Pinot Grigio or dry white wine    


1.  Gather all your ingredients. 



2.  Mix your paprika and a little salt and pepper.  Remember, you will be adding more salt and pepper later. 


3.  Chop your garlic. Set aside. 


4. Rub the spice mixture on both sides of chicken. 


5.  In a large saucepan, melt 1 T. butter on medium/high heat. 


6.  Cook the first side for about 3 minutes or until a nice crisp is present.


7.  Turn heat down to medium. Flip and cook other side for the same amount of time. 


8.  Add remaining butter. 


9. Then thyme. 


10. And garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring the butter, garlic, and thyme. 


11. Add wine. 


12. Bring wine to gentle simmer.  (Not displayed well here ;) Cook for about 20 minutes.  Sauce will reduce, so feel free to add a little more wine as necessary. 


13.  Load with spinach.  The recipe calls for 2 cups;however, I decided next time I will use more as it wilts to so little and we loved the spinach. 


14. After spinach is done, season with salt and pepper. Double check to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.  


15.  Serve with a grain of your choice and another veggie if wanted. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! And I love the movie bit ;) I can totally picture you doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!