Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Creamy No-Bake Cheesecake

I love cheesecake. Doesn't matter if it's baked, plain, covered in toppings, or mixed into ice cream. It's yummy! I wanted to make a nice dessert for my husband tonight. We very rarely have dessert after dinner so I thought it would be nice to treat him. I decided on cheesecake, but had a few other things to do like make a lunch bag and bake some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a friend, so I needed something quick. This is probably even easier than the boxed No Bake Cheesecake mix that you can buy. And it's WAY better. It's super fluffy and creamy and takes minutes to prepare. I would like to try this again and add some flavorings. Maybe lemon or lime....




I started by making a homemade graham cracker crust. I don't have the recipe because I literally threw some graham crackers in the food processor, added a little brown sugar, and threw in some melted butter until it was moist enough to hold together.  Then I pressed it into a 9 inch spring form pan. You can make your own or buy a pre-made crust.



Next, beat your sugar and cream cheese together until it's nice and creamy and the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the cool whip and stir well. Look at this creamy goodness! Try not the eat the whole bowl before you move on to the next step.




 If you didn't eat it all, spoon it over the crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (You want it nice and cold.)





Once you're ready to serve, top it with your favorite topping.



Ingredients

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
8 oz. cool whip, thawed
graham cracker crust
favorite pie filling/topping


Directions

Beat sugar and cream cheese until nice and creamy and sugar is dissolved.
Mix in cool whip and stir well.
Spread evenly over graham cracker crust.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Top with your favorite topping before serving.






2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you try it, please let me know what you think. :)

      Delete

Check these out!