Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Buttered Spinach with Cheese


I love when it takes 5 minutes to whip up a healthy side dish.  I love it even more when my kiddos beg for seconds! :) 


~BUTTERED SPINACH WITH CHEESE~

For this delicious side dish, you will need:

8-10 oz  Fresh Spinach
2-3 Tablespoons Butter
Grated Parmesan Cheese 
Salt and Pepper
Water
Large skillet with a lid


Put a small amount of water in the bottom of a large skillet. (Just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.)
Fill with spinach.

This may seem like a lot of spinach but it will wilt and cook down to a small amount.  My oldest, Evan, is always asking, "Mom, can you just make two whole bags?" :)  He loves spinach. ..I can't complain 
about that.  :)

Put the lid on the skillet and turn 
on high. This will allow the spinach to
"steam".

Cook for a few minutes, stirring once or twice.
When the spinach is completely wilted, yet
still a vibrant green, drain off any excess water. Return to heat and turn down to low.

Now add the butter (sliced in chunks), salt, and pepper.
Stir to combine.

Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. 
Replace the lid until it melts.


Serve immediately! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll have to try that! I don't think I've ever had it with cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!