How often do you go to a get-together or potluck and not see a meat and cheese tray? Almost every time there are slices or cubes of cheese, turkey or ham, and a variety of buttery crackers. You see it often because almost everyone likes it. But why not switch up the norm and go with these Salami Roll Ups instead?
You can use any type of meat you want for these little pinwheels. I used salami, obviously, and green pepper inside. I think they would be delicious with some minced dill pickle in there as well! You can certainly make them right before you serve them, but they taste best when prepared the day before.
What You Need:
8 oz. package deli-style hard salami
6-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 green pepper, sliced thin
What To Do:
1. Place a piece of plastic wrap on a clean surface.
2. Lay out the meat on the plastic wrap, overlapping the edges so there are no gaps.
3. Next, spread the cream cheese over the meat. (I had to smush and spread it around with my fingers quite a bit so the meat didn't lift and separate.)
4. Place the slices of green pepper randomly all over the cream cheese. (Add any other veggies you'd like, just don't overfill it.)
5. Gently lift the edge of the plastic wrap and bend inward.
6. Tuck the edge in, move the plastic wrap out of the way and carefully begin rolling.
7. Continue rolling, using the plastic wrap to help as a guide.
8. After it's all wrapped up like a log, secure the plastic wrap around it.
9. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. (Best when given at least 12 hours in the fridge.)
10. Just before serving, slice into 1/3-1/2 inch slices.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve with your favorite crackers.
12. Enjoy! :)