Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Brown Sugar Baked Peaches

I have been craving something sweet all week and decided to let myself indulge today since it's Sunday. I've been scouring the internet for something chocolaty and sweet. I've seen so many things that look fabulous, but nothing that really stood out to me saying "YES! This would hit the spot!".

Finally, I saw the recipe for baked peaches and thought of the peaches I just purchased. They weren't fully ripe yet, but I decided to give it a go anyway. I figured it would save me from divulging in fattening cakes and cookies and may help me stay on track.

I'm glad I did because it wasn't even remotely an issue that my peaches weren't fully ripe. They were still so delicious! Warm and sweet, with the butter and brown sugar melting into a gooey caramel that drizzled over the sides. O.M.G. Yes, I just said it. Oh. My. Goodness! These peaches were heavenly.



 Slice peaches in half and remove pits.



 Place butter in center well.



 Spoon in brown sugar.



 Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon.



 Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until butter and sugar is melted and peaches are soft.

The caramely mixture will overflow a little onto the pan, spoon it up and drizzle over peaches before serving. 




 Serve warm.


Ingredients

fresh peaches
1/2 tsp. butter, per peach
1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar, per peach
cinnamon, to taste

Directions

Slice peaches in half and remove pits.
Place butter in center well.
Spoon in brown sugar.
Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon.
Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until butter and sugar is melted and peaches are soft.
The caramely mixture will overflow a little onto the pan, spoon it up and drizzle over peaches before serving.
Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!