Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easier Bacon Grease Disposal

My husband loves bacon. At one point, I actually considered buying him Tactical Bacon as a joke, but figured it probably wasn't very frugal to spend over $20 on 9 ounces of precooked bacon that probably doesn't even taste like bacon.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get it that often. I think I would probably cook it more if I didn't think it was such a pain to clean up. I'm the type of person that if I don't clean up my mess right away, it sits all day and I never get back to it. Since you're not supposed to pour bacon grease down the drain, I always have to wait for it to harden before I can scrape it into the trash. Therefore, the bacon pan usually sits there until I can get back to it. And let me tell you, the smell of stale bacon grease does not smell as enticing as freshly cooked bacon.

Now that I realized how much easier it can be to clean up the grease, Tony may just get more bacon than he's accustomed to. :)

All you need is a bowl and some aluminum foil.


Line the bowl with your foil.


Pour your hot grease in the center and set aside.


While the grease it resting, you can just forget about it. 
Go ahead and clean your kitchen...even that greasy pan that you usually have to wait for!



By the time you're done eating and cleaning, your grease will probably be solidified.
Now you just have to ball up the foil and toss it in the trash! :)
Can't get any easier than that!




1 comment:

Check these out!