Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Liquid Eye Make-up Remover

How do you take your make-up off? I'm seriously interested. 
I've bought make-up remover, I've used face wash, and even made these Make-Up Remover Wipes. The store-bought kind just seems like I'm wasting money, the face wash never seems to get all the mascara/eyeliner gunk off, and I loved my wipes, but it was a big container to travel with. I wanted something that I could easily take on-the-go in case we were to stay overnight anywhere.

 I've made this recipe a few times now. I've used olive oil and coconut oil. I've tried different baby shampoos and face washes. I add a little more water if it's too greasy, or a little more oil or soap if it's too diluted. I don't mind tweaking it a bit once I make it because I always love how it works once I'm done!

I've tried buying some cheap baby wash and believe me, it's worth it to buy the good stuff. The cheap kind either doesn't work, or stings like crazy. If you have a face wash or baby wash (like Burt's Bees) that you really like, go ahead and use it. That's what's so nice about making your own eye make-up remover. You probably already have everything you need and you can tweak it to how you like it.

Like I said, I've tried coconut oil and olive oil. Honestly, for this beauty recipe, I vote olive oil, no doubt. The coconut oil was fine when I mixed it with the warm water, but then once it cooled, it started forming little clumps of solid oil which made it kind of a pain to use. I'll stick to using the coconut oil as a whipped moisturizer after I use the olive oil to take my make-up off. :)


Start with about a 1/2 cup of purified or distilled water.


Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of your choice of soap (face wash or baby wash).


 Gently stir in about a teaspoon of olive oil.
(I've seen some people use baby oil, too, but I've also heard that you shouldn't use that on your face. 
I'll let you make that call.)


 Test it to see if you approve and add more of an ingredient accordingly, if you need to.
Just be sure to shake it well before each use.

Look how awesomely it works! 
(Ignore the fact that I'm showing you my nasty, old make-up grime.)


 Funnel into a clean bottle to store. I like to use a small spritz bottle. That way I can shake it up then spray it right onto my cotton or reusable fabric wipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!