Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

Homemade Cannoli Filling

As mentioned in the description section of ME on our blog, it states that I work at a local diner.  There I serve, as well as bake.  I decided to share a little treat with you that many of my regulars enjoy.

If you are craving a sweet but don't like items that are REALLY sweet, this may be just for you.  Just to make this clear, I do enjoy REALLY sweet so it's not one of my favorites but the people that buy them, LOVE them.  They are quick and easy.  In just a few minutes you can enjoy a little piece of Italy.  After making that statement, I am sure many of you can name the treat I am about to share! :)

2 cups WHOLE ricotta (drained)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional- I prefer)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 plus c. mini/or regular chocolate chips
Chocolate to drizzle (optional)
cannoli shells------you can purchase these at your local grocery in the international section or
you can order them online.  I buy many things from Amazon.  It is amazing what you can get. Here is a link for you if your grocery store does not have any! Cannoli Shells!

1. First, drain your ricotta if there is extra liquid.
2. Whisk drained ricotta until smooth.
3.Add powdered sugar and cinnamon.
4. Whisk again until mixed.
5. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
6. Whisk again.
(I do this first part with a hand whisk.)

SET ASIDE

7. In mixer, blend 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream until
stiff with hard peaks.
8. Genly fold in previous made mixture.

Place mixture in piping bag and pipe into shells.

Enjoy!!


Sorry I forgot to take pictures while I was making it.  Hope it's pretty self explanatory! :) 





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Tony and I were just talking about cannolis the other day! Lol! Neither one of us has had them though, so we'll have to try this. Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a recipe I have got to try!:)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!