Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Avocado Chicken Salad

Avocado Chicken Salad
I am not really sure why avocado sounds so good to me these days, but I just love it!  Then to put chicken with it....
what more can I say? These are two of my favorite foods! 
(Yes, out of many....I do love food!) ☺
This is a quick and yummy way to make a healthy meal. 
You can eat it alone, on crackers, tortillas, on bread.....the list goes on!
You will need:
2-3 large chicken breasts
2 avocados
3 TBLS. lime juice
2 TBLS. cilantro, chopped
1/4 - 1/2 onion, chopped
salt
pepper
That's it!
I apologize. My pictures wouldn't upload, so I am hoping to put them on later when my computer isn't being so stubborn.  : (
1. Boil chicken to keep it moist.  I covered it in water and seasoned the water with salt, pepper and garlic.  Cook until done and then cool.
2.  Cut the avocados in two, remove the pit and scrape it out into a bowl.  I use the Pampered Chef Mix and Chop utensil to chop it until it is a soft paste.
3.  Add lime juice.
4.  Chop cilantro and onion.  Add to avocado mixture.
5.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
6.  Shred your chicken once it has cooled and add to the avocado mixture.
7.  Mix together.  You may serve immediately or refrigerate to cool.  Either way, it is delicious!

Enjoy!  This was so simple and easy to put together.....
I absolutely LOVE recipes like this.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Have a GREAT day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!