Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY Nourishing Eyelash Serum

I've always been jealous impressed by my sister's eyelashes. They are super long and she's been asked multiple times if they are artificial. Over the years of "wear", the constant changing of make-up, and the exposure to the earth's elements, our eyelashes tend to start looking a bit worn out.

I'm only in my mid-twenties, but I've already noticed that my eyelashes are not what they were when I was younger. After seeing many articles on how to make your eyelashes fuller and longer naturally, I decided I would give it a try.

The pictures don't really do it justice, but I didn't want to skip posting before and after pictures for you. (Not that I really wanted a close-up of my face. Eek.) Honestly, I wish I would have done before and after pictures with mascara on. That is when I really notice a difference!


I used to have to put 2 coats of mascara on, and most of the time, I still wasn't impressed. Now, I get the same results with one coat as I used to with two! 

What you need:

fractionated coconut oil (organic & cold pressed)
lavender essential oil
lemon essential oil
empty container (mascara tube or roller ball works great!)

(*You can get the materials where you feel is best. I got everything I needed on Amazon.)


Step 1. Pour 2 drops of each essential oil in your empty container.


Step 2.  Fill the remaining space with the coconut oil.

*I used a cake decorating tip as my funnel. :)


Step 3. Insert the stopper, if necessary.


How to use it:

Apply to clean eyelashes, focusing mostly on the roots, before going to bed.
May use nightly.


Fractionated coconut oil is processed differently and doesn't harden like regular coconut oil. 
This oil will stay liquid for you, so it's easy to apply.

My results were from using the serum about 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks.

I would use it nightly, but I didn't because I'm kind of lazy and kept forgetting. :)



5 comments:

  1. You mentioned this one to me. I should give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you really need it! You are the sister I mentioned. ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!