Summer is fast approaching. Possibly not fast enough for most. I have a feeling I had some heads nodding on that comment. :) With shorts and swimsuit season right around the corner, my husband and I have been trying to cut out carbs and increase our vegetables. We may not have "beach bods" by the time the 80 degree weather arrives but at least we will feel a little better. Here is a recipe we tried the other night so we wouldn't have green beans again. :)
Things you will need:
Grated Parmesan Cheese
I love this recipe because there isn't any measuring. The recipe would be great using a bunch of each ingredient or using a little. As I said before, my husband and I are trying to watch it so I used little butter and cheese and it was great!
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.*
1. Snap asparagus. While holding each end, bend and allow to break wherever it wants. You won't have chewy asparagus.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Cut lemon in half. Squeeze half of lemon on asparagus.
5. Using other half, slice a few thin pieces of lemon. Place on asparagus. I saved the last bit of the lemon to squeeze it on before eating it because I love lemon.
6. Place small chunks of butter on asparagus.
7. In the 400 degree oven, bake for approximately 12 minutes or until cooked to the tenderness you like.
8. As your vegetable is baking, get parmesan cheese around. After your asparagus is done to your liking, sprinkle parmesan cheese over butter. Broil until golden brown. As you can see, I was too impatient to wait until it was golden brown but it was still delicious.
I decided to take a picture of the two veggies I did together. This worked great! I carefully lifted the asparagus off and allowed the cauliflower to cook a little first. When the cauliflower was part way done, I carefully put the asparagus on the pan and cooked both of them. It was great paired with grilled chicken. To learn how to make the yummy Roasted Cauliflower, click HERE.