Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

Easy Crocheted Bathroom Organizer


I love anything that helps me be organized. One thing that has been bothering me lately is getting cotton balls.  Kind of a stupid thing to bother me but it does.  I decided, instead of having to go in my cupboard every time to grab the little piece of cotton, I was going to keep it by my makeup holder. Now I just needed something to put them in.  Searching around the house for a container I could use, I came across an old candle.  Remembering THIS previous post my sister did, I EASILY removed the old wax.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  Now to make the cover....

WHAT I DID:

I used a size 6mm hook.

Chain 4.

Slip stitch into 1st chain.

Ch 1, work 6 sc into center- 7 stitches

Ch 2, work dc in same stitch. *2 dc in every stitch* slip stitch top of ch 2.- 14 stitches

Ch 2, work dc in same stitch. *2 dc in every stitch* slip stitch top of ch 2.- 28 stitches

Change colors

Ch 1, sc in every stitch.  Slip stitch top of ch 1.- 28 stitches

Ch 2, dc in same stitch, dc in next stitch, dc2tog * dc in next 3 stitches, dc2tog in next stitch* repeat until end. Slip stitch in top of ch 2.-23 stitches.

Ch 2.  dc in next stitch, dc in every stitch. Slip stitch top of ch 2.  

Fasten off.  Weave in tail. 

*If you would like to know how to make the Adorable-Affordable Makeup holder also, check out this LINK.*





2 comments:

  1. So creative! :) How big is this lid? Does it stretch to fit various sizes or would I have to adjust the number of stitches somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!