Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

"Pizza" Portabella Caps

When I was grocery shopping this week, I noticed that the portabella mushroom caps were on sale. My husband hates mushrooms (he actually calls them "the devil's food"), but I love them. My sister posted some Cream Cheese Mushroom Bites that are delicious, so I thought I could use these mushrooms to make those, but when I got home, I realized I forgot to pick up crab meat. So, I changed up my plan and made these "pizzas" instead. 

They were so good, and definitely hit the spot for me! I will for sure be making these again! Probably on a night when Tony is not home, just to be nice. ;)


Ingredients

butter, softened
portabella caps, wiped clean
red onion, sliced
cream cheese
tomatoes, sliced
pepper jack cheese, shredded


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Gently rub the mushroom cap with butter, then flip upside down.
Place thin slabs of cream cheese inside mushroom to fill.
Saute red onion in a little butter until softened.
Place on top of cream cheese.
Top with tomato slices and a little shredded cheese.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushroom is cooked through.
Serve immediately.

**I didn't write the amounts of the ingredients, because I just kinda threw it all together. You may want different amounts of everything, so just make it how you'll like it. I like quite a bit of cream cheese, whereas you may prefer more pepper jack instead....or a lot of both. :)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Gently rub the mushroom cap with butter, then flip upside down.
Place thin slabs of cream cheese inside mushroom to fill.
(I think it would be really good to add some fresh basil, too!)


Saute red onion in a little butter until softened.


Place on top of cream cheese.
Top with tomato slices.


 Add a little shredded cheese.


Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes.


When done, cheese will be completely melted and mushroom cooked through.


Serve immediately.
Yummy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!