Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Veggie Pasta Salad


I can only say how many times that my husband and I are trying to watch what we eat!  For fear of really boring you, I will steer away from that line of thought today. :)

Instead, I will say that we have been focusing on quick meals.  This meal is definitely that... especially if you have another "chopper" in the kitchen. :)  My husband and I agreed that it is a really nice, light tasting pasta, but it needs a "little something". Because we were both really hungry, we didn't bother trying to figure it out.  Let me know what you would do to give it a little "mmmff".  

So for a quick (and healthy ;) meal, give it a try.  Don't forget to comment on how to make it better.  I love suggestions!!! :)


VEGGIE PASTA SALAD

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
16 ounces of whole wheat fusilli, cooked
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
3 kosher pickles, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup grated carrots
2 T. dijon mustard


DIRECTIONS

1.  In a bowl, whisk white wine vinegar and oil.  Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add fusilli, vinegar and oil mixure, and dried spices.  Mix with a large spatula.
3. Add chopped veggies. 
4. Add 2 T. mustard.  Mix well.  Chill and serve!

EASY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!