Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DeLite Pizza

Life is busy. Whether it is work, school, homeschooling, cleaning, sports, church, activities.....as we all know, I could go on and on. :) To add to all our busyness right now, we are in the process of buying a house and hope to be moving in the next couple weeks. (Yay!) As I was grocery shopping, I was trying to buy food items that would make my life a little easier without resorting to the processed food in a box. Ew.
So I ended up throwing this pizza together.  Oh. My. Yum.
I loved it.  My kids loved it.  It doesn't get more satisfying than that. 
As I said, I was trying to turn this into a quick meal so I used some shortcuts.  If you have the time, by all means...Take the long route.  It will be worth it in the end and probably be even tastier.  :)

If you need a recipe for your own pizza crust, these two are great!


So yummy!

Ingredients:

Pre-baked Wheat Pizza Crust
3 Tablespoons butter
2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
12.5 oz can chicken breast
salt and pepper
sliced baby portabella mushrooms
small onion, chopped
medium tomato, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach
6-8 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese (see below)

I saved lots of time using a pre-baked crust. Obviously, if you make your own, it will be even better. 
I also used pre-minced garlic.
Next, I used canned chicken. Feel free to cook up your own chicken breast and use that instead.
One thing I don't usually compromise on is shredded cheese. I prefer just shredding a block of mozzarella rather than using a bag of shredded cheese that always has that sawdust coating on it. It melts better and just plain tastes better, too!
And now for the parmesan cheese.....


....Mama Francesca's Fiero Parmesan and Red Pepper. It is awesome!
I found it at Walmart. If you prefer, you could easily substitute with freshly shredded parmesan and just add crushed red pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. But for now, I will continue to use this.
Now, onto the directions....


Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
Saute the garlic in the butter in a
 medium sauce pan on medium heat.


When the garlic is golden brown 
add the can of chicken.
Salt and pepper to taste.


Now add a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Mix well.


Top the pizza crust with the garlic chicken mixture. Add desired amount
 of sliced mushrooms.


Add chopped onions and the tomato slices.


Top it with fresh spinach.


Now add the shredded mozzarella cheese and another sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. 


Ta-Da!! 
And believe it or not, it tastes just as good as it looks! 
Ok...now I am hungry. :)



3 comments:

  1. Your mom just told me about this blog. Pretty cute. Love this recipe. Good luck on your new home.

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!