Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Fresh Coleslaw

When preparing for dinner, I generally go to the store,  buy the ingredients for what I am making that night, go home, cook,  and throw the remaining ingredients in the fridge--telling myself I have to remember to think of another meal I can use so that the food won't go to waste.  Using leftovers is not my strong suit.  After making our Copy Cat Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad the other night,  I had a bunch of cabbage left over.  Trying to improve on this skill that I hope one day to attain, I decided to make coleslaw.  :-)
Ingredients :
2 cups red cabbage
2 cups napa cabbage
1/2 cup mayo
2 T.  Vinegar
2 tsp.  Sugar
1/2 tsp.  Celery seed
1/4 tsp.  Salt
1. Chop cabbage and place in medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt.  Stir.
3. Drizzle mayo mixture over cabbage and gently mix.  Refrigerate over night so flavors will absorb.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I don't know that I've ever made coleslaw before. I should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!