Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nice Meal---while Camping!

Having been camping many times in my past, I was very excited to share the experience and make new memories with my husband.  Sure, we have gone together before but we had others with us.  This time, it was just going to be me and my man. :)  
Deciding that we wanted to prepare our meals over the fire, we made a couple purchases. By the way, cast iron is amazing!!  
I didn't want to skip posting because of our camping trip so I took some pictures while we were out.  One of the meals I am telling you about is very good and very easy.  Maybe you can try it on your next trip as well!
Happy Camping!

Things needed:

 2 New York Strip
Worcestershire Sauce
Liquid smoke
Fresh garlic
Salt
Pepper


Corn
Butter
Salt


Red potatoes
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Garlic
Onion
Butter

Aluminum foil
Cast iron skillet
campfire griddle
Tongs
Hot mitts 


Directions with pictures:


We first prepared the potatoes.  Laying out a piece of aluminum foil, I placed the quartered red potatoes in the middle.  I then chopped up a medium onion and added it to the potatoes.  Adding 3 cloves of minced garlic was next.  We like garlic so you can use as much or as little garlic as you would like.  Then I cut of few slabs of butter and put them on top.  After salting and peppering the whole mixture, I closed up the package. 

Set aside.



I used a second layer of aluminum foil to make sure it wouldn't break when moving it on the griddle. 



 Next, we husked the corn.  We placed it on alumium foil, covered it in butter :), and salted.  After rolling the corn up, we also set it aside. 




My husband then seasoned the steaks with the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, salt, and pepper.  

Set aside.


 We first placed the potatoes on the griddle.  We left it on for about 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so with tongs.   After 40 minutes, we put the corn on for 10 minutes.



In that time, we moved the potatoes and corn to the side to get the cast iron skillet really hot.  Once hot, we put the steaks on...about 4 minutes a side.  That resulted in medium rare steak--how we like it. 




ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I really want a steak now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! Almost makes me want to go camping in a tent!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!