Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Stormtroopers Nail Art w/Sharpies

Last week, I had the opportunity to travel with my husband for work. We were able to stay in a nice hotel for 2 nights, completely paid for. He did have to work each morning, but only until 1 pm, then we had the rest of the day to shop, walk the beach, and enjoy the city!

Since he worked each morning, I had some time to myself while he was gone. Awhile ago, he suggested I try to do Star Wars nails at some point. I figured this would be a good time to attempt it!
They definitely didn't turn out perfect, but for my first time, I think they turned out pretty good.


I started with a solid white. 
Use 2 coats, letting the polish dry completely between coats.
{I know it's a bad polish job...please ignore my imperfections! :) }


Using this as an inspiration, I began the details.
Using an ultra fine-tip Sharpie permanent marker, I made the outline of the design.


Then, I filled in the centers.


I added the mouth.


Then the bottom pieces of the helmet.


Once done, lightly spray a coat of hairspray (to set the marker) over your nail. 
Let dry completely.


Then, go ahead and finish off with a clear top coat.


To pull things together, I added the Star Wars logo. 
Er...I tried to anyway. It was pretty hard to do with my left hand.


My husband was pretty impressed. You should surprise your Star Wars-loving husband, too!





1 comment:

  1. You need to come up with a Star Trek one. I think I may turn into a Trekkie. Mikey and I just started watching....from the beginning. We have a lot of episodes to watch! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!