Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Delectable Chocolate Fudge Pie

Here's my confession...I love chocolate!  Chocolate bars...chocolate cake...chocolate cookies!  So when I moved to Tennessee and heard of a Chocolate Fudge pie, I was ecstatic!  Then I saw it. :/  It did not look good to me!  I put off trying it for the longest time just because it was an ugly pie! (FYI...I love baking. I also love having what I bake to look pretty ;)  Long story short, I finally tried it.  The only plus to waiting on taste testing was for my waistline to  stay the same. :)  You definitely don't want to indulge all the time but it is a must try if you love chocolate!! Here you go....

Ingredients:

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
3 eggs
12 oz. melted chocolate chips
2 tsp. coffee grounds
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. pecans or walnuts (optional)

"As Easy As Pie"-Pie Crust
For recipe, click here!

Directions below with pictures!


1. In mixer, add packed dark brown sugar and butter.


Mix until light and fluffy.


Add 1 egg at a time.  Beat after each egg.


Add melted chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Mix well.


Stir in flour.


Spread evenly in your pie crust.  Do not overfill.


It will rise in the oven and crack as shown in the picture above.  


And then it will fall! :(  Like I said...ugly pie!  Do try though.  Yummy- yummy!


I have had different preferences on how people want it served.  Some like it heated in the microwave, almost making it taste like a brownie.  I, on the other hand, prefer it cold.  I wait until it cools at room temperature and then refrigerate it.  I like the texture that way.  

Whatever your preference, cut yourself a slice and enjoy some chocolate bliss!








2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've gotta try this! (Do you suppose it would freeze well?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried but I bet it would! Let me know if you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!