Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Bread

My sister, Sarah, makes some amazing spinach and artichoke dip. Sometimes, there is nothing better than sitting down with a bowl full of the creamy, rich gooeyness and a bag of chips. {Of course I would never devour the whole spread on my own....you really didn't think that, did you?} I've had a craving for her dip lately, and since I haven't had it for awhile {cough*Sarah*cough}, I decided to attempt my own version. Now, I do realize this is not a dip. Rather than attempting her recipe {I had a feeling I would fail miserably}, I changed my outlook all together. I decided to make a pizza-type bread with flavors resembling the dip instead. Good idea, right? 


Spinach and artichoke dip combined with a boatload of more carbs? Um, heck yes.


Now, I will apologize before I give you my recipe. The following photo is the only picture I got of the preparation process.  :(



My husband has been having troubles with his phone recently. He called Verizon when I started dinner, but since his phone wasn't working, he had to switch to mine. By the time he ended the call, dinner was done!
I will try to explain the recipe well enough, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)


Ingredients

1 loaf ciabatta bread
2 large chicken breasts, cubed
salt, pepper, & desired spices
1 Tbsp. butter
12 oz. artichokes, drained
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
2 oz. cream cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (we also used pepper jack)
olive oil


Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut your chicken into cubes. Season with salt, pepper, and spices, as desired.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil (about a tablespoon or so). 
Add chicken and saute until cooked thoroughly.
{Tony bought a "take and bake" ciabatta loaf, so at this point, I threw it in the oven for about 6 minutes.}
Once bread is heated, carefully slice the loaf in half, lengthwise. (Use oven mitts... it's hot!)
Place back in the oven, face up, for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
While the bread is in the oven, heat butter in a large saute pan until melted.
Add artichokes and garlic. 
Add cream cheese, and heat until melted.
Carefully stir in spinach.
Let mixture cook until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
Remove bread from the oven.
Spread spinach & artichoke mixture evenly over the bread. 
Add the cooked chicken.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Place back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
{May turn oven to broil for the last minute or so, but watch it carefully.}



**Related posts that you may find interesting! :)




2 comments:

  1. You are a sweetheart! Thanks for the compliments! :) This looks absolutely fabulous! :) And so easy, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. :) Thanks! And, yes, it is very easy and totally worth the carbs! ;)

      Delete

Check these out!